Samuel's House hosts several events throughout the year and we collaborate with other organizations to host events.
Interested in volunteering to work at some of our INCREDIBLY FUN EVENTS ?
Sign up to volunteer for our 2023 Annual Polar Plunge on February 12, 2023 (Super Bowl Sunday) at noon, Women of Integrity and Men of Valor Event scheduled in March 2023 at the Marriott Beachside Hotel, or the 2023 Miss Island Queen event in May 2023... and many, many more.
If you are interested in joining our village of volunteers, please see below for more information. After you select the type of activity you would like to volunteer for, please
email Tara@samuelshouse.org or call 305-296-0240 Ext 116 to schedule.
- Be 14 years of age or older. Anyone under 14 must have a parent or guardian present with them at all times.
- Complete the Samuel's House Volunteer Agreement.
- For the health and safety of all Samuel's House staff, volunteers, and guests, Samuel's House now requires wearing of facial masks for any volunteer who will work inside of Samuel's House or in direct contact with staff or guests.
Signing up to Volunteer
Review the opportunities below and determine what areas you would like to support.
- Administrative: helping our team with a mailing, cleaning, organizing, scanning, shredding, etc, Monday - Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Assist with arts & crafts, gardening, projects with the moms and children, or organizing and disinfecting common areas, Monday - Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Host an activity: If you have a special skill set or talents that you would like to share with the women or children, we welcome you to host an activity at Samuel's House. This can be a cooking class, meditation, an arts and crafts project, such as jewelry making, scrap-booking, and ornament creation, dance, yoga, etc..
- Host a workshop: assisting our guests with skills such as computer literacy, financial literacy, resume building, interviewing, etc..
Outdoor Operations: assisting our operations team with cleaning, landscaping and removing debris.