Samuel’s House consists of four core housing programs:
- The Mary Spottswood Women’s Center providing emergency shelter for women and women with children for up to 90 days to allow them time to create a new beginning for themselves and their children.
- Kathy’s Hope providing structured nurturing independent housing for recovering women and women with children as they continue to work towards permanency.
- Casa de Meredith providing structured affordable permanent efficiency and two bedroom apartment units to women, men and their intact families.
The ultimate goal of all Samuel’s House programs is to allow residents to remain independent and largely self-sufficient through the provision of specifically targeted services that will address the individual needs of each individual and make a positive, permanent impact in their future lives.
All Samuel’s House programs meet all local safety standards and ADA requirements as to handicap accessibility. Samuel’s House does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, disability, national origin or sexual orientation.
Samuel’s House programs provide:
- safe, secure shelter for women, women with children and now with the advent of Casa de Meredith and More Than Three, women and men and their families;
- a team-approach to motivate individuals to reach goals and develop skills, thereby becoming viable members of society;
- structured surroundings with training opportunities in an atmosphere of strong spiritual values;
- a 12-Step oriented environment;
- coordinated physical, dental and mental medical care for women and children who are residents of the Mary S. Spottswood Women’s Center and Kathy’s Hope;
- a group home “family” setting where women share household duties, attend group meetings and participate in volunteer work while living in the Mary S. Spottswood Women’s Center and Kathy’s Hope.
Samuel’s House is more than a shelter. Current programs and activities are tailored to the individual’s needs and may include:
- Care Coordination for Mental Health, Primary Health and Dental Care
- Employment Development Services, Training and Referrals
- Substance Abuse and Co-occurring Disorder Workshops
- Enrichment Workshops for Adults and for Children
- Life Management Counseling
- Parenting Skills
- Self-Help Groups
- Vocational Education & Training
- Spiritual Renewal